Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekly Sewing Project

My sewing project this week is my youngest daughter's Christmas dress. It is a bishop dress based on Brittany's Bishop Dress by Janice Ferguson of Creative Needle Magazine. I have adapted the pattern a little because I am not smocking the dress. I am also not putting the wings on the sleeve. This is a great pattern though and will be following it to make another Church dress for her. I do all of my embroidery by hand so sometimes I have to adapt and adjust the embroidery on patterns to fit my skills, which are very basic currently. This is a beautiful heirloom dress that looks complicated, but is not. It would be a great dress to hand down to the next generation.

No comments: