Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Morning

Good Morning! What a glorious day it is today! It is pouring down rain. I love the rain. It has such a cleansing effect on everything and when it is over it all smells fresh again. A good day for writing as Wednesday is a big writing day for me. Being so busy with home chores and duties means that I have to force myself to make the time to get all of those ideas written down. I sold two articles this week, which I am delighted about and have another article ready to send out. I pray that it does. I have had to rely more on my article writing than my art for income. With the economy art sales have literally stopped. In fact one of the shop owners that carries my work asked me to come and pick up some of it. She still has quite a bit, but nothing has sold out of her shop in 6 months and very little sold from the other two shops that carry my work. A little over a year ago I started producing prints (limited editions), card sets, and bookmarks. I swore that I would never produce prints, but because my originals stopped selling I needed some income. Now even the prints sell rarely. Last year I still had commission work and this year none. Usually this is my busiest time of year for commissions, needless to say I am getting a lot more sleep than I used to. Well, that is the nature of the business and I am blessed that at least my articles are selling. I am blessed in so many ways that I thank God everyday that I awake to new challenges and new opportunities. The extra time has allowed for extra study of God's Word, allowed me extra time for my genealogy hobby, and extra time with my family. I am certainly not as tired and sleep deprived. The loss of income is rough for our family, but it gives us the opportunity to be creative. I take this time to thank God for my tribulations because without them I would never build character. Without them I would never be able to discover how with Him all things are possible. He is my rock and I gladly accept the opportunity to draw on His strength when my own is so weak. I pray that you all find strength and courage in these troubling times with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: