Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rainy Day Chores and Fun

Well, it is raining today and it is a good thing that I have things in the house to entertain me. It seems when the weather is good then I am outside catching up. This means that many things that require me to be inside like canning and such get put off. I have been putting all my tomatoes in the freezer since I didn't want to spend that many days canning as they came in. So today, out they come and I will be making sauce and canning tomatoes. I also have some jelly that didn't jell so I will re-process that so I can get it off my kitchen counter. I have to leave it on the counter so that I don't forget about it. Today is also a good day to go through the children's winter clothes to see what they have and what they need and what we can get rid of. So those are my chores for the day. Now comes the fun. Rainy days are a good day to sit and play board games with the children. This is the time to pull out those board games that last forever like Monopoly, Risk, Life. Even the little one can play by helping mommy. So with the board games pulled out already the kids get to pick and we will play. Rainy days don't have to be a pain because they keep you from being outside. I think God sends us rainy days during the busy season of planting, growing and harvesting to remind us that it is ok to slow down and have some relaxing fun every now and then. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: