Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Friday, February 13, 2015

Tightwad Tips Week of February 13

Well this week hasn't been all that frugal since we purchased a new to us car. Our old 1996 Buick was developing electrical issues.
so we decided it was time to get something else before repair bills got to be more than a car payment. The buick had been a great car, lasted a long time without any major issues or repairs. Just normal routine stuff that all cars need. However, we have done a few things.

I washed some more Ziploc bags from the freezer to re-use.

I cleaned the microfiber couch with a cheap bottle of rubbing alcohol.

I made a new batch of shower cleaner with white vinegar and a small amount of Dawn dish soap.

I made some more t-shirt yarn and scraps for household projects. I have been saving t-shirts for awhile so this might be an ongoing project for some time.

I paid the last cable bill. We will officially be cable free March 1, which will save us over 50 dollars a month. We would save more but our Netflix and Amazon prime subscriptions cost a little bit. Much less than the cable.

I cooked a pork roast this week that I had gotten discounted for 3.00. No not 3.00 a pound, I paid that for the whole pork roast. We had it with mashed potatoes and green beans from last year's garden. Then I made chili with the rest. I made a large batch of chili so half went into the freezer for a future meal. 1.00 a meal from one roast...not bad if I do say so myself.

So that is about it for this week. Remember it is the little things that really do add up over time. My goal is everywhere I don't spend a dollar then that dollar goes into our savings. It really does add up.

Blessings, Kat

No comments: