Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I Hate to Complain...but...I'm sick of Winter

Ok, really....I know I have no right to complain. Many are suffering much worse than I am. If you live up north you expect winter to be cold, or you should. That is the tradition isn't it? Bitter cold up north for long periods of time, some cold down south for short periods of time. By this time of year I should be able to feel spring coming. Cold nights, with afternoons in the 60s or so. This thing of highs in the 30s and 40s is for polar bears, and I am not one. I want to get in my garden, but with the temps in the 40s and the wind blowing like mad it is cold. I know, I know many out there are laughing at me. I just don't do well with cold weather. I just can't get warm, no matter what I do or how much I put on. My thyroid has something to do with that, but I think part of it is just me. My hubby is from southwest Florida and right about now he is ready to move to Mexico and his thyroid is just fine. I am ready to get in my garden and I am ready to feel some sunshine and I am ready to open the windows in the house for fresh air. If I did that now, I would be a popsicle and the air certainly would not feel refreshing. Of course, this is our third day of cold wet rain which doesn't help the situation at all. I hear the birds so I know spring will come eventually. I just hope it isn't one of those years where we go from cold winter temps, to a week of spring temps, to 6 months of hot and humid summer temps. I just don't handle being cooped up inside the house for too long. Please, please spring come soon because...well....I want to go outside and play! That is my whine for the day, hope all of you up north get a break soon from this awful winter weather. Blessings, Kat

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I'm right there with you! I visited my Dad in San Diego for a week to thaw out (from Iowa) and didn't want to leave. When I got to Minneapolis/St Paul airport and saw that it was snowing I began to cry; I can hardly face the cold wind and snow anymore. The very day after I got home to Iowa we were hit with single digit temps and a blizzard. Makes me want to crawl under the covers and hibernate until it warms up. Many prayers for some relief for us both!!

Kat said...

I feel for you as you have it much worse than I do. That is why I hate to complain, because there are many worse off than me here in the deep south. But dadgum, I am tired of being cold even if I don't have the snow. Give me about 3 months and I will be tired of being hot! Can't win! Thanks for reading and welcome to my blog. Kat