Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The year of the ......Snake?!!

What is this the year of the snake for us? We have had snakes on occasion, but they have been rare occasions considering how long we have been here. Most of our sightings and encounters happened when we first moved here since there were so many piles of junk around the place and buildings that were not used. However, this seems like it is going to be the year of the snake for us. We have already seen one in the garden, one moving across the road (away from our farm)and now there is a black rat snake in the feed room. I really don't mind snakes as long as they keep their distance, but in my feed room is not keeping their distance. I know what that snake is after. I have a hen sitting on eggs in there. He better not get my bitties. So watch out folks, just because we don't see them doesn't mean that they aren't around. No telling how long that black rat snake has been in that feed room and just been hidden whenever I am in there. I am hoping that this will be the end of my snake encounters for a little while. I really don't like coming across them. I don't mind them around but I just don't want to know it. On a good note we have made plans for the new rabbit colony, our second one. I will get started on building it this week so that we can get rabbits in there as soon as possible. I have some that are close to maturity in the grow out cages so they should start producing relatively soon. We have gotten a little behind on processing rabbits. Have a blessed day. Kat

No comments: