Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Garden Tip of the Day

My garden tip for the day comes from having been in the garden working with my tools. When I first started gardening I used what I could afford which were pretty cheap tools. Sometimes I would wear through the same type of tool and tear it up more than once in a season and wind up having to replace it. I realized that buying cheap tools was costing me the same amount of money as buying good quality tools. So, I coughed up the money and bought tough, good quality tools that can stand the abuse that I give them. I have had the same tools for several years now and they do take some serious abuse. So here is my tip, don't waste your money on poor quality tools. Buy the best that you possibly can even if it means you do with less tools. My list of very basic, must have tools for the garden is very short. Start with a good hoe, a good shovel an a good dirt fork. Work from there. Blessings, Kat

No comments: