Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Well another year gone by. It seems they come and go quicker and quicker as I age, which is a shame because I still have so much living to do. However, I have no regrets in my life. I have done most accomplished the most important goals in my life and done some of the things that I wanted to do. If I had a bucket list, which I don't because I am not there yet, it would be short. I have lived life as full as I possibly can. I have for the most part a happy life. Sometimes it has been a struggle and sometimes I just wanted to give up, but with the grace and glory of God I have always managed to land on my feet. I give praise and thanks to Him with all my heart for the life that He has blessed me with and I know that He will keep us and guide us in the years to come. My favorite poem is Footprints in the Sand. If you have never read it please do. When times are hard and I feel like I simply can't keep going then I think of that poem and remember that I am not alone and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is at that moment carrying me through those trying times. It is that thought that gets me through to face the next of life's challenges. We will keep plugging along this year setting new goals to be met and living with the ones that we haven't been able to meet yet. It always happens that way. I am very excited about simplifying my life in that I have downsized so much stuff collected over the years. I still have a little ways to go on that, but I am very happy with the way things have gone so far. Most of life on the farm is routine now and not the challenge of hard back breaking work that it once was. There was a point in time where I always felt like I was playing catch up because I always did things without being fully prepared. Like bringing goats home before I really had the fence up well and embarking on a huge garden before I really had a handle on what my soil needed. However, it has all worked out in the end and I have learned so much along the way. 2012 was a good year and I expect 2013 to be a good year no matter the challenges or hardships that it brings. After 41, almost 42 years of living I finally understand that old saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". It's true. As I reflect on myself and who I am I realize that I am a much stronger person than I was 20 years ago and that it is because I have lived through some rough times and survived them that I am who I am today. 20 years ago I thought the key to happiness was a high paying job and a big house to show for it. Faith, family and good friends are the true keys to happiness and I have all three. What a blessing to be able to say that. I hope 2013 brings you all many blessings and many chances to grow into the person that you truly are. Happy New Year from the farm, Kat

3 comments:

living from glory to glory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
living from glory to glory said...

Hi Kate, Just been sitting here looking at Blogs and know I need to post. January 1st and all, (smile) Really it was a year I know we learned a lot. Hope your stopping by my blog once in awhile!I really want the community friend feel with a few choice bloggers. Hope you continue to feel better. I started back to making my bread from scratch. It helped my sore hands as I kneaded the warm dough, go figure!
Blessings and Happy New Year!
Roxy

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Happy New Year Kat and I feel the same way as you, my life is a blessing and what hasn't killed me has offered me much room for growth and therefore made me stronger :O) Looking forward to Spring and planting, getting that diggin in the dirt itch*wink* LOL!!!