Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Planning a Quiet Day

I am planning to have a quiet day today without much going on. I might do some sewing or other craft type projects to keep my mind busy. I am still terribly saddened over the loss of Shotgun. I had someone ask me yesterday why I have so many animals get sick and inform me that they never have that problem. Well, I run a farm and have always been surrounded by numerous animals. I have never had less than three dogs at a time. They typically have only had one at a time and those were typically small house dogs that rarely ever go outside. Currently I have 69 animals of different species on this farm. I would say the odds are that somebody will get sick. Anyway, I am having a hard time with the loss of Shotgun. While I have had lots of dogs and other animals over the years there are always those few that are really special and you develop a special bond with. When you lose them they take a part of you with them. Even though we only had him for a few short weeks he was special and we had a special bond. He seemed to know what I was saying and what I wanted. He took every step that I took, yes even to the bathroom. If I took a shower he was laying right there waiting for me to get out. When I went to milk he sat in the doorway of the feed room and watched me while I milked. So I am taking today to have a pity party for myself, to grieve and to be still and quiet. I will move on with life tomorrow, but today I am going to wallow in my sadness. We need that sometimes and sometimes we just need to let our emotions be what they are going to be. Life will go on and Shotgun was much loved while he was here and there will be another that wiggles its way into my heart at some point into the future, but for right now I need to heal. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: