Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Eliminating Wheat Update

Well, I haven't completely eliminated wheat as I still have small quantities once or twice a week. I must say though that I feel so much better. I still have pain and soreness, but most of that is due to the fact that I have been working physically very hard lately. My joints are not as stiff as they once were despite the workload. I have more energy and don't feel like I need to fall asleep every afternoon. I did take a nap yesterday for about an hour, but I had been splitting wood all morning (hubby is sick). And to top it off I have lost 5 lbs. That I can't believe as I have been at a stagnant weight for so long no matter what I did. I haven't missed wheat all that much although sometimes a hot butter yeast roll sounds so good. I think what has helped me do without the most is that I haven't completely denied myself and do indulge in one or two rolls a week. That way I don't feel deprived and therefore crave it just because I know I can't have it. I am exhausted at night, but them my days have been really busy and I still haven't recouped from the week of taking care of Shotgun with very little sleep. So, now that the holidays are done I can get my house back in order and decorations put away and move on to normal routines again. Anyway, the lack of wheat certainly is not hurting me and I certainly and feeling better. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: