Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 15, 2012

End of the Fair

Well, yesterday was the last day of the fair. We didn't go and compete in anything. Frankly, I was just plum worn out. After dinner (lunch to most folks) I laid down to take a nap and slept for 2 and a half hours. It will be fun to work on other fair projects for next year. The fair wasn't very busy this year and I believe attendance was down quite a bit. That definitely is a sign of the times and the economic hardship hitting many families. I can remember that even poor families would spend an entire week's paycheck going to the fair. Now, those families that used to do so don't feel like they can do without that paycheck. I heard several of the food vendors complaining about slow sales. I would like to say thanks to the Charlie's owner for letting me refill my cup all week at the discounted price. He was really nice about letting me bring my cup back for refills all week. We don't eat much at the fair, but there are certain things that you simply must have at least once during fair week...funnel cakes, cotton candy, caramel apples. So we did partake of some fair food. We all had a good time seeing the shows and looking at the exhibits. The livestock was nice to see also. Now, it is time to rest up and then start working on projects to enter next year. I think we will work on my little ones sewing skills and start her on a sampler that maybe she can enter next year. I think I might do a cross stitch something or other this winter that I might be able to enter. The oldest will continue to work on her photography for next year. Fair week is a lot of fun and continues to provide fun and incentive all year long. Next year we might let the little one enter some of the livestock competitions. Probably the rabbits. We will just have to see. Blessings, Kat

No comments: