Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happenings and Goings On

We worked on the brush fence on the back property line yesterday and cut some more trees for firewood (next year's). I got the electric fence fixed so it is now working again. You know...no matter what type of fence I have put in or up it all seems to take a great deal of maintenance. Growing up Grandaddy was always working on fence. He said it was because cows were hard on fences. I don't have cows....so what?...are the neighbor's cows having midnight fence destruction parties? Really each season we are working on fence somewhere somehow on this property and just as soon as we get good and done going through all of the fencing then there is a problem right back where we started. Oh well, the electric fence is fixed for now and the brush fence is steadily going up. The good news about the brush fence is that we are clearing alot of trees (mostly trash trees) along the back of the property. Previously because that area has always been so overgrown we haven't spent much time back there.....hence the fence getting worse and worse. But now that we are clearing that area we are finding tons of scrap metal. Yesterday's load brought 41 dollars. Pretty cool. Now we have money for.....dare I say .....more fence!! We go to pick up pigs today and then have some gardening to do. Some of the fall garden is coming along well and other parts of the garden need some replanting. I am ready for baby goats to be gone. They are cute when they are little, but then they get downright annoying. Girls are up for sale and the boys are destined for the freezer. I am so ready, it is hard to wait much longer. Hopefully I will get the girl's sold soon. I had several inquiries about them yesterday so we will see. Trying to get all the goat's bred this month so that I can pull blood all at one time. I also would like everyone to kid around the same time frame. At least all within the same couple of months, so that we can be done with kidding. Well, I suppose I had better get busy. Lots to do today. Blessings, Kat

No comments: