Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Temps are Skyrocketing

Holy Moly! I knew it was gonna be an early summer and I am glad I have been getting all the planting done. At the rate we are going the garden will be burning up by July. This whole week we are supposed to get into the 80s, not just low 80s but a few days of mid to high 80s. It's March....our last freeze date is SUPPOSED to be the end of March! Definitely must get in the garden today and get more seeds planted. I simply can't believe this weather. It's gonna be a hot one folks and looks like it will be here sooner than we think. Of course, I should have known that it would be like this since we have had no winter to speak of this year. The bugs are gonna be nasty too. Better get the soapy water ready to pick off those stink bugs as they are gonna go crazy. On a good note we have been having baby bunnies like crazy around here. So far 3 of the girls have had their litters and they are looking good. One doe kindled with only 2 very large kits, which does have me a little concerned. However, her last litter was 8 so I am not too concerned unless this becomes a trend. The colony is working great. I should find two more litter this morning. Each doe found her nest spot and built superb nests and they now are guarding their territory...some more vehemently than others. Papa bunny is none too happy with me as he is in a cage inside the colony. It gives the girls some peace to have their babies and rest before he tries to breed them again. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: