Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Garden Tip of the Day

Mulch your pathways. In certain areas of my garden I let the pathways grow as I use them for rabbit food. However, in other parts of my garden I mulch the pathways and this keeps weeds from encroaching too much into my beds. A good way to mulch the pathways is to lay down some newspaper or paper feed bags and then layer leaves or straw on top. Walking on this will eventually break it down and create a nice compost that can later be used in the beds and then you can mulch again. However, it slows down the weeds allowing you to weed with a hoe pretty quickly depending on the size of your garden. It certainly does help keep the weeds from encroaching into your beds while your seedlings are growing. Blessings, Kat

No comments: