Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playtime is Over

Well, the days are getting longer and the chore list is growing as well. Soooooo...that means that my leisurely mornings sipping coffee and reading the news online is at an end. I am slowly working back to getting on my summer schedule which means outside by 6:30. Right now I am shooting for 7:30, next week I will shoot for 7 and then in a couple weeks I should be back to 6:30. At least right now I am not milking so that should give me loads of garden time so that for once I can be at least on time with my gardening if not ahead of schedule. The project list for this year is going well. We have finished the rabbit colony and all the buns seem happy. Hopefully, in a couple more weeks we will have loads of babies. The garden fence is finished and the tools are being moved to their permanent home in what was the feed room. The pig shelter will be finished in a couple more days and then it will be time to clean up all the dead limbs around the yard and pastures. I think I am going to use some of them to build a hugulkultur bed to plant some berry bushes in. It will be interested to see how well it works. Anyways, hope your days are going well! Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: