Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What do parents do anymore?

I just found out that our local school district now serves three meals a day before these children head home. Wow, three meals a day! Breakfast, lunch and dinner. So now we have the schools making sure that children are getting 3 square a day. The schools impose a dress code, so they tell the children what to wear. And don't worry about teaching your child the birds and the bees, the schools do that too. Many times there are after school programs so don't worry about what your kid is doing between school and bedtime. What do parents do nowadays? have babies and then turn them over to the schools. Talk about a nanny state! Brave New World here we are....don't forget to take your soma! Really folks, this is just sad. Just my 2 cents for the day. Blessings from the farm, Kat

3 comments:

Violet said...

I've made the personal decision not to have children of my own, but I am fiercely supportive of homeschooling for the reasons you've posted. The government screws up enough, I don't understand how people could completely wash their hands of childrearing like some do...

Kelly Cook said...

I'd only argue your use of "3 squares" and I know you said it tongue in cheek. We both know what they're eating doesn't resemble actual food! I've had two friends ask how I can keep my son home with me all day. Well....how do you explain not loving your child enough to want him or her with you all the time? Yeah, I know, a break would be nice, but the effort involved in sending him off to school and then countering the crap he learns outweighs the non stop "mom questions"!

Kat said...

Kelly, you are so right about the food. It isn't real food, but most people consider it so. Yeah, breaks are nice every once in a while and that is what hubbies are for and grandparents! HeeHee. I know it tore me apart every day that I dropped my daughter off at school and I love not having to do that anymore. I just think that there are too many hands raising children nowadays and parents seem to take less and less responsibility. My opinion is that if you don't want to parent then don't have the children that need to be parented. Anyway off my soapbox. Violet good to see you join us and thank you so much for the support. It really means a lot especially from someone who does not have children. It shows you have a great thinking mind. Thanks ladies.