Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Updates due to Absentmindedness

Brain fog is unfortunately one of the idiosyncracies of having chronic fatigue, so I apologize for all the forgetfulness of not answering questions or following through in posting links. I try every now and then to go through comments and such to see if I missed anything . This is one of those sorry I missed it type posts in which I play catch up.

1)Kim over at Marmee's Pantry has a great facewash recipe. Hop on over there and give it a try. It has worked wonders on my preteen daughters skin and I love it too. She also has some other really great stuff on her blog.

2)Kelly asked on my Homemade deodorant post whether I had figured it out or not. Yes, I have and I happily report that I am no longer stinky and no longer wet under the arms. So here is the recipe and it is super easy. In a small jar fill about half way with baking soda, then add either olive oil or coconut oil in small amounts. Mush around until you have a pretty decent paste. Be careful and add the oil a little at a time because you don't want too much oil. Making the baking soda into a paste helps it stay put and you don't have baking soda flying all over the bathroom floor or your clothes. Just a little dime sized bit of this spread under your arms will keep you dry and stink free all day. If you are working hard in the summer sun and sweating a lot then you can wipe with alcohol and reapply for a clean fresh feeling to finish out the day. I just use the opportunity to shower and then reapply, but sometimes you just can't do that and don't want to feel yucky.

3)Kendra asked on my Chamomile Tea Shampoo recipe about soap flakes. You can just shave some ivory soap or sometimes you can find soap flakes at the health food store or even in the grocery store.

4)Kelly asked on my Let's Talk Cloth post about family instructions for using the family cloth. It is pretty simple, I have a coffee can (plastic) with a lid that heavily soiled cloths go it. It has hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and water in it. Regular use goes in a small wastebasket. The family knows to put the appropriate cloth in the appropriate place so that anything heavily soiled can soak and then washed or thrown out. She also asked about our drain line that goes out to the back pasture. I don't think it is very deep, but that part of the pasture is lower than the house. It isn't like a septic drain line, just a pipe that empties the washing machine water. Because the ground slopes away from the house it doesn't get clogged and is absorbed into the ground quickly. She also mentioned a composting toilet. I have been interested in those also for our studio which has no plumbing. However, I have seen many mixed reviews...some love it and some couldn't wait to get rid of it. I guess it would depend on the person. I am not real sure I want to spend that kind of money to find out that I hate the thing, so have kinda put the idea on hold.

Well, folks that is about all the catching up I can do right now as the day is getting late and I have tons to do. Blessings, Kat

No comments: