Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More on Citrus Products

As I said in my last post I love citrus...oranges, tangerines, grapefruit doesn't matter because I simply love it. So do my children and were it not for thinking ahead we would go through some serious citrus withdrawals here until the Florida season got underway. So I have already mentioned that I can tangerines/mandarin oranges. I also can oranges and grapefruit. I prefer to can navel oranges with Ruby red grapefruit as those are our favorite and the navel oranges section better than the Valencia's. But those Valencia's will never be left out in our home. We eat Valencia's all winter long until we are about to turn into a Valencia. And then well what is the best use of a Valencia? Juice....homesqueezed fresh off the tree sunshiny taste. However, if you can this fresh homesqueezed juice you change the taste. So, I save up my plastic mayonnaise jars and freeze it. Then, during the off season I simply pull out a jar and voila....I have that wonderful homesqueezed Valencia goodness. So just thought I would share these few tips with you folks so that you too can enjoy the deliciousness and many health benefits of citrus fruit all year. Enjoy!

No comments: