Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Monday, July 6, 2009

Rain, Rain, Glorious Rain

After a month with absolutely zero rain, we are getting a good rain. I am praying that my garden is truly enjoying it. It has been such a tough month with no rain and trying to keep the garden from burning up. The pond has also dropped way down, leading to a huge algae bloom which is no good for the fish and creating more work for me having to aerate more. Normally, I am outside at 5:30 watering the garden and getting those chores done before the other farm chores so that I can be back inside before the heat of the day gets really bad. I don't tolerate the extreme heat anymore like I used to. I suffered real bad heat exhaustion one summer and ever since just can't take much of the heat. This rain is such a blessing from the good Lord above! I hope your week is getting off to a glorious start as well. Today will be a good day to finish up some of those sewing projects that seem to be put off and put off. I haven't finished the summer sewing and it is almost time to start on the fall sewing. Wow! Time sure flies. Well, it is about time to make a mad dash to the barn and get everyone fed and settled for the day. How wonderful to start the day this way! God bless and take care!

No comments: