Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Monday, May 11, 2009

Hope Everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a happy and blessed Mother's Day. We did here although it was a busy one. I baked a cake to take to my Mama's house where we have the annual gathering of moms. I also baked an egg custard pie just for Mama because it is her favorite. So I spent the morning in the kitchen and the afternoon running my mouth with a bunch of other women. My husband being the only male in the group played with the children outside. Our family is kind of funny in that he is the usually the only man. My father is deceased, my aunt never married, my godmother is a widow, and her daughter is divorced. My sister lives far far away, so she can't usually be there. There are more in our extended family, including men, but this is the usual gathering. My godmother's son usually is hunting or fishing and isn't much into family stuff, so that leaves my husband. And all these women depend on him for the "man stuff" that needs to be done around the house. Sometimes I feel bad for him, but then I think he likes having all these women dote on him and depend on him. Anyway, we had a wonderful day. My hubby cooked breakfast and the children and I played games together while he did that. I truly am a blessed Mama. I hope you all had a wonderful day as well.

No comments: