Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 1, 2009

Cheap Drip Irrigation for the Garden

The other day I posted about my bamboo idea for watering my garden. I did an experiment last night and this morning will see how it worked. I planted a bamboo stake and filled with water. This morning I will check the water level to see if it is decreasing and watering the soil below the surface. If not then I have come across another cheap way to water with drip irrigation and your rain barrel water. Save your old milk jug and wash them out. Then poke about 3 small holes near the bottom of the jug. Fill the jug from your rain barrel and then set it near your plant. It will slowly deliver water right near the roots where the plant needs it most. So just one more little idea to help get those plants watered without running up a huge water bill. They also grow better with rain water. Blessings!

1 comment:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

Great idea! We will give this a try this summer with those plants that are too far away for the hose to reach.