Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whew!!! Another birthday passed

Yesterday was my oldest daughter's birthday and we made it through without a glitch or bump. That can be a tough one with my oldest as she is an extremely emotional child and really you just never know what might set her off. Also, she is growing so fast and it is becoming increasingly more difficult to understand what she enjoys. She is getting to that stage where she doesn't divulge much about her likes and dislikes these days to us. You know we are old fogies who just don't understand! I remember being there myself and now I understand how my mother felt left out. I am feeling left out. My little girl used to talk to me about everything, and now talks to me about very little that is important to her. She is growing so fast and these birthdays come sooner and sooner every year it seems. I pray that each year our bonds grow stronger and our love grows deeper. I pray that while she is gaining her independance and her sense of self, that she doesn't forget the lessons taught here at home and that she doesn't forget that I am always here for her. Another birthday passed with a few bittersweet feelings from Mama. Ugghhh! This growing up is hard to do!

No comments: