Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Friday, April 3, 2009

More Rain!

Yes folks, more rain! It rained again yesterday and is supposed to rain some more today and through the weekend. It is getting increasingly hard to be motivated with all of this rain. I am ready to put in my garden, but the garden is a sloppy mess and not ready for me. I try to do what I can but the rain is thwarting my efforts. I love the rain, but it does make me lazy.This is something that I have to fight against. I can fully understand how so many people up north suffer from Seasonal depression during the winter. I love sunshine and find it so motivating and energizing. I don't think I would do well during the long winter months in the north without much sunshine. So those of you who do, I feel for you and truly do sympathize. These past few weeks, I find it harder and harder to motivate myself on these rainy days to get things accomplished and keep our little homestead running smoothly. This too shall pass, and the seering sun of summer will be here before we know it. Then I will be begging and pleading for rain! Oh well, I will do what I can.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Our weather is crazy here. Thursday we had a beautiful warm sunny day. Yesterday we had rain all day. This morning we woke up to a blizzard w/ 3 inches of it covering everything!! And it's still coming down. Good thing I didn't plant anything yet. I usually wait until late May anyway since we never know about spring snow storms here.
Holly

CoyotePrime said...

LOL, "the searing sun" part made me laugh, as here in sunny arizona we had 92 degrees already, pretty soon we'll be "enjoying" that sweet 118, with 2% humidity. I've lived here 5 years, and still can't figure out why on earth the early settlers would have stopped here, when they were only 300 miles from California. Rain and snow sound SO good right about now. Nice post, thanks.