Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Terraced Gardening

Recently a reader brought it to my attention that not everyone lives on a flat spot to have a garden. Many folks living in the hills (mountains) have a difficult time finding a spot sufficently large and flat enough to garden. I remembered having seen documentaries and such about rural folks in South America and other areas that have beautiful, wonderfully producing terraced gardens. So I have done a little research and come up with some links explaining how to build a terrace garden on your hill. Since, I don't know much about this I will defer to those who do. Our place has a very very gentle roll to it. So here are the links for those who might need to terrace their garden.

Do-It-Yourself Terrace Garden

Master Gardener

My Garden Net

No comments: