Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why I am Still Sewing

Yes, I am still sewing. You would think that since I have been sewing for two weeks straight that I would have finished by now. I haven't. I am slow for one and then my sewing projects always get more elaborate the more I think about them. I will get posted the things that are finished so you can see what I am talking about. Instead of a simple bishop dress, I will just have to add a bunch of elaborate embroidery, ribbons, pleats and lace. So my simple projects turn into major endeavors. I did not get the last two outfits finished for my children for Christmas so I am finishing those now. Then I think I will start on Easter dresses soon so that I have plenty of time for my project to get more elaborate. It will also be spring in a few months and so if I start now that I will not feel rushed to get spring and summer clothes finished for the girls. The amazing thing is that I have sewing to do for myself and never seem to get around to it. Maybe one day soon! Well, I had better get to work for now. It is time to get the house back in order from the holidays.

No comments: