Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Water in Winter

Ok, folks, we all know how hard it is to drink our daily ration of water when the cold north wind is raging outside. Ice water is just not something that we want in the winter and plain water just doesn't taste very good. We all know that our body needs plenty of water to stay healthy. Also, winter dehydration is a leading contributor to fatigue. A simple tea kettle has greatly helped my water consumption. Hot herbal tea enjoys that I get my daily dose of water and stay warm and cozy while doing it. I enjoy having my antique tea kettle in my kitchen. It not only looks nice, but makes me want to use it. I drink several cups of herbal tea a day. This helps me fight dehydration that I used to suffer every winter. Dehydration also leads to fatigue. In fact, if you are feeling particularly tired and have no energy try drinking some water or grabbing a warm cup of tea. Many times this will perk you up and beat away the exhaustion that is knocking at the door. Some of my favorites are chamomile and peppermint. I also like to add some lemon balm to my chamomile. Make sure your tea is herbal because regular tea has caffeine which increases dehydration. So try to stay away from caffeine. Sweeten your tea with honey and you have a great cup of wholesome comfort.

No comments: