Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today 17 December 2008

Well, I am still not finished with sewing. I do believe I took on too many sewing projects for Christmas for the children. I will get them done, but I will be left with very sore fingers. I do all of my embroidery by hand, which has already taken a toll on my fingers. I am also still way behind. Sewing for my children's Christmas presents also means some pretty late nights and lack of sleep. That must be one of the drawbacks of homeschooling, the children are always home. My sister is coming home for Christmas this year. It will be nice to have her home. We don't get to see her much because she lives in Maine, so anytime that she gets to come home is a treat. We do want to take a train trip to see her and had planned one summer before last, but my husband was not able to get the time away. Maybe soon. It has been years since I have traveled by train. There is a bit of nostalgia in traveling that way. It is definitely a much more personal experience that flying. If you have never traveled by train, then it is something everyone should experience once in their lifetime. When I was a child we traveled by train more than we flew anywhere. Well, anyway so much for my reminiscing. The point of this post was to explain why the blog has been slow the past few days. I am swamped with sewing and buried under bolts of material, ribbon and lace. I will get back to posting several posts a day once I can find my way out. May God bless you all.

No comments: