This is a condensed study of the three earth ages that I composed from several reliable sources one of which of course is the Bible. I have also put my two cents worth in. I don't know how many know but my educational background is in Biology and as a scientist this fits. I don't know how to put it any other way, but Biblically, theologically and scientifically all agree when you understand the three earth ages. It answers so many questions. Please excuse the format as I pasted and copied from emails that I had sent out. God Bless you all and remember this is the condensed version, there is so much more when you are ready to check it out. Biblical archaeology is fascinating. God Bless, Kathryn
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning... When was the beginning? No one really knows, but many Christians say that the earth is only slightly older than 6000 years. Then science and archaeology say no that it is much older. How can science differ with God? It can't and it doesn't even though many Christians say things such as God created all of the plants fully mature that is why they seem older, or carbon dating is wrong, etc. etc. There are lots of excuses, however, these explanations are wrong. Carbon dating is very accurate. Science is extraordinarily accurate and time and time again has dated things to millions of years old. One or two mistakes is expected, but it has been used too many times. So....
Genesis1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Notice the period. A period means that this is a complete thought. This is finished and done, then another thought begins with the next verse. This creates a time gap. Time gaps are found in about 25 other places in the Bible. Here are a few:
Rev. 12:3-4 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast down them to earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. The first part is when satan rebelled in the first earth age, the green is the birth of Christ.
The next two verses have a time gap also, see if you see it.
Math 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The blue is in Christ's time. Notice the colon. A colon is used to join two complete thoughts, therefore like a period signifies a break. Not necessarily a break in time, but a break in thought. The part in green is speaking to the end or last generation because it speaks of the second advent.
Ok back to Genesis.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The first thing that I notice here is that God does not say that the waters are freshly created, He says that the waters were there. Now let's look at some of the Hebrew words in the order they are in the verse. These are all according to the Strong's concordance reference book which gives the Hebrew translations for the English words.
was - comes from the Hebrew word #1961 hayah which means to exist or ie. to become. So the earth became without form. That means that something with form already existed.
without form- comes from Hebrew word #8414 tohuw which means a desolation, to lie waste. You can't lay waste to something if there is nothing there.
void-comes from Hebrew word #922 bohuw which means to be empty, a vacuity ie an indistinguishable ruin. You can only ruin something that is whole or good to start with.
darkness-comes from Hebrew word #2822 choshek meaning literally the dark and figuratively sorrow, destruction, wickedness. I believe here it is being used by God both figuratively and literally. I believe that he took away the light literally and figuratively that he was saddened that he had to do so.
deep-comes from Hebrew word#8415 tehowm meaning an abyss as a surging mass of water, especially the deep as in the sea or subterranean waterways.
Then there is another period indicating a complete thought and in this instance a complete time.
Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. We don't know how much time elapsed between the two sentences or periods. The first sentence is the end of the first earth age, in which we all existed in spiritual form and when satan rebelled. The second sentence is the beginning of the second earth age in which we now live.
Isaiah confirms that God did not create the earth without form and void, but that it became that way at some point.
Is. 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath establishedit, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
Vain- looking at this word can create confusion in translation because it was translated from the hebrew word tohuw which we have seen means desolation or to lie waste. Tohuw is the word used on the original manuscript. Why it was translated differently I am not sure.
We do know that the destruction was complete, there was nothing left. So this cannot be confused with Noah's flood because there we know that Noah and his sons and their wives survived along with 2 of all the animals. Now let's go to Jeremiah.
Jer 4:22-27 for my people is foolish, they have not known me; the are sottish children, and they ahve none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
23) I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. The the earth was destroyed and empty and dark. This confirms that God is not speaking of Noah's flood because the earth was not empty nor dark during that flood. This is indeed speaking of the end of the first earth age.
24)I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. Many theologians and scientists say that this explains why the earth rotates slightly off center of its axis. It is off center by about 23 degrees or so.
25)I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. So again this cannot be Noah's flood because this destruction wiped out all men. During Noah's flood, Noah and his sons survived. I also do not believe that Noah's flood was a global flood, but that is another study for another time.
26) I beheld, and, lo the fruitful place was wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger. Remember the talk of the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. Well they have found roadways that they believe may belong to Atlantis on the ocean floor between Florida and Cuba. Why was God so angry? satan's rebellion and the rebellion of one third of all the angels.
27) For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. God says here that he will give us another chance, thus this second earth age that we have now. God did not want to totally destroy one third of his children. The second earth age is so that we all have a chance at redeeming all the sin of ourselves through the blood of Christ. It is all in God's ultimate plan to give His children every opportunity to follow Him of their own free will and to have all knowledge available to make the wise decision. God is so good. He gave us another chance after the first earth age and in this one he sent His Son to die for us. All that He asks in return for all of this is that we follow Him of our own free will. To me this is so amazing! it brings tears to my eyes thinking of how much He has done for each one of us. At this point God put a veil between this earth age and the first so that we would not know which side we had chosen. In the third earth age we will have full knowledge of all three. Me personally, I am not sure if I am ready for that much knowledge. I think I may be totally heartbroken if I remember being on the wrong side. anyway....Let's go to second Peter for more verification of the three earth ages.
2Pet 3:5-13 for this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water perished: This is the first earth age which was destroyed because of rebellion.
7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men.
8)But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9)The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. This is the second earth age in which we are now.
10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11)Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversations and godliness,
12)Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13)Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. These verses are the third earth age (heaven). When I was first learning of these things these verses in Peter sealed the deal for me. I was already pretty positive this was the truth, but this verified for me. Well, this pretty much does it for the three earth ages. Let's now look at Hebrews.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement: God specifically says here that we are only to die once. This is the physical death of the body because we know that spiritual bodies return to the father. We also know from Corinthians that we do indeed have two bodies, spiritual and physical in this age.
1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body. We see here the declaration of the two bodies.
So why were we not flesh in the first earth age. If we were flesh in the first earth age then our physical bodies would have died, and then we would die again in this earth age. That is reincarnation and is an abomination and a lie. So we can only die once. This tells me that we were in our spiritual bodies during the first earth age and when that age was destroyed our spirits returned to the Father. We see many times in the Bible when angels are allowed to do physical things. We also know that angels many times dined and conversed with the prophets of old. So being physical is possible for the spiritual. One example is in Psalms
Ps 78:24-25 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.
25) Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
Now on to the archaeological.
We know that animal and marine life has been found dating to millions of years ago using carbon dating. However, no human remains have been found. The evidence that people were here has been found in pottery, cave paintings and such, but no actual remains of their physical bodies. Spiritual beings would not leave physical bodies. Now scientists like to say that "Lucy" was a pre-human or the first human. Lucy was an ape and nothing more. Lucy's footprint was like that of an ape. Where the transfer of body weight stayed on the outside of a foot in a type of rounded arc that goes through the little toe. They have found a human footprint, that looks like a human footprint of today, that dates to 10 million years ago. The transfer of weight is just like it is today for humans. From the heal along the outside across the ball of the foot and up to the big toe. Kind of a zig zag pattern. This to me is more evidence that spiritual beings, us, were here millions of years ago. Science likes to say that remains like Lucy's were predecessors of us. I say they are full of it. If evolution existed then more species of "transitional" species would be found. The truth is that there has not been found one single remains of a transitional species for anything. Many learned scientists have tried to come out and speak about this. They have been persecuted. Charles Darwin the father of the evolution theory said himself that it was "highly speculative". So if there are no actual physical remains of beings here on earth, then we could not have been here in physical bodies. There was no death, and physical bodies grow old and die, but spiritual ones do not. I hope this explains our spiritual forms in the first earth age. God Bless you in your studies.