Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Loving Our Husbands

Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children
Wow a little verse that packs a big statement. It is easy for mothers to forget that their husbands are to come first in God's order of the family. I think we women tend to forget that our marriage is a covenant with God, but having children is not. I know I am guilty at times of putting my husband on the back seat while I raise the children in the front seat and sometimes God will send me these little reminders of our contract with Him. I am blessed that He sent me such a loving husband and a wonderful father and sometimes I forget in the rush of the day to appreciate that gift. I have though been accused at times of spoiling him and I have, but that is a good thing. My husband is my best friend, but sometimes I am not a very good friend. I think that happens with all of us at some point or another. We have been together for 15 years and we are still learning about this thing called marriage. We sometimes are not very good friends. Marriage is a work in progress, but if we don't uphold our end of the contract then our work is in vain and the progress stops. So today, I plan to do something to let my best friend know how much he is valued and may the progress move along for at least another 15 years. May God bless your friendship also.

No comments: