Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Frugal Living Week of February 7

So, this week hasn't been quite as frugal as I would like it to have been. However, we really didn't go anywhere much so I suppose staying home is very frugal in gas savings. However, we have done a few things to keep a tight budget.

1. Washed some Ziploc bags to re-use for putting things in the freezer.

2. Made soap from some goat fat that I had saved in the freezer. We now have enough soap to last for the rest of the year. I have another bag of fat to render and then I will make another batch. I will then mill some of the soap and make French milled milk soap for Christmas presents.

3. My husband and I used my grocery store fuel rewards to fill both cars up and the gas cans for the farm equipment. We saved 55 cents off of every gallon purchased. Not bad.

4. I made some Swiffer dusters from an old flannel robe that was really worn out, torn, etc. The sleeves were still in pretty good shape and were perfect to do this with. It took about an hour to make 4 of them.

So that has been about it for us this week. Not a huge savings with the exception of the gas, but every little bit helps. This week I will be making pepper jelly from the peppers in the freezer. This will be for us as well as Christmas gifts this coming year. We also like to use things like jellies and soap for thank you gifts when needed. Hope you have all had a good week. Blessings, Kat

No comments: