Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Home Remedies to Heal the Sick

I have several home remedies that are my "go tos" when the children get sick. Now, I know that there are going to be folks thinking it so let me dispel any wrong ideas....These are my first line of attack on illness...if there are worsening symptoms or we don't start to see improvement we head to the doctor to get things checked out. However, 99% of the time these things work well for me and have been known to shorten the duration and intensity of a cold.

General All Around remedy
1 tbls. raw honey
1 tbls. raw garlic minced
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Take a tsp. every hour. We have never had the cayenne pepper burn. Even my little one takes this with no trouble. Raw honey and raw garlic are both antiviral/antibacterial and the cayenne pepper helps loosen congestion along with numbing a sore throat.

To Loosen up Sinus Congestion:

1 pot of steaming water
3 drops oregano oil

Add the drops of oregano oil to the steaming water and lean over the pot with a towel over your head. Make sure that you close your eyes as the steaming oregano oil can burn them. This might not be for real little ones as sometimes it can burn, but it will really open up sinuses. Oregano oil is powerful stuff and will burn so please don't think that you need to add a whole bunch of it. 3 drops is usually good for a couple quarts of water.

Sore throat remedy:
raw honey
coconut oil
cayenne pepper

Mix equal amounts of raw honey and coconut oil, then add a dash or two of cayenne pepper. Warm slightly, then take a tsp or two. Not only do the honey and coconut oil coat and soothe a raw throat but the cayenne pepper numbs it.

Colloidal silver
I use this in a nasal atomizer along with a throat atomizer and typically use with the above remedies.

The key with any of these remedies is to catch the illness at the very first sign and to use often. By often I typically mean every hour for the first day or two then you can back off. Often, if the children get sick and I know that usually I catch what they will I will start the General remedy while they are taking it and I never really get more than a few sneezes. Sure beats fever, chills, sneezing and coughing.

Good luck this winter and keep those hands clean! Blessings from the farm, Kat

***Disclaimer-I am not a doctor, just a mom. This is not meant to be a substitute for medical treatment when needed.

No comments: