Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, April 27, 2013

New Rabbit Colony

We have had loads of success with our rabbit colony and so we have decided to start a new one, dubbed colony 2. We used the old chicken coop which was recently vacated by the pigs. We had to do some work to make it bunny proof, but I think it will work out just fine. We want to add an extra half door on the inside that opens inward which will give us more security when entering and leaving the colony. So far though we don't really have to worry about the buns escaping while we are entering and leaving. As soon as I start to open the door they all run to the back corner to hide. This colony will enable us to feed more rabbit to the dogs thus increasing our pet food production. Today I am going to try and gather up some more "toys" for the buns to have in there like tunnels for them to hide in and places for them to nest. They have one nesting spot now, but with 5 does they will need more. Hopefully, they will settle down and settle into routine over the next week. Fortunately, they all seem to be getting along and no one seems to be fighting. I will try to get pictures posted sometime today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, tonight is my sewing night and I am looking forward to it. It will be good to have some time to spend sewing. I have several dress patterns to cut out for my little one. We realized that she has a good amount of play dresses for the summer but not many town dresses for the summer. I also have a couple of work dresses that I am hemming simply to make them more practical to work in around the farm. I absolutely love wearing dresses in the summer especially. Well, it is about time to get to work before the rain moves in today. Blessings, Kat

No comments: