Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Taking a Break

I know I haven't written in a while. We have been so busy trying to finish projects. We finished the new pig fence and the little piggies are happy as can be with their new digs. We are at a stand still with the brush fence because when my husband went to get a new chain for the chainsaw, he got the wrong size. So anyway, I am tired. We have been going hard and steady for months and I am just plain sick of farming. So I am taking a break this week from farm projects. I take care of the necessary chores and then let that be it. I am focusing on being a housewife this week which actually considering all that I do feels quite liberating. Yesterday, I purged our videos and CDs and painted a shelf to be used for books in my little ones room. Then I cleaned out an antique cabinet that was not being used where it was and brought it inside the house for the little ones school things. I want to get to some sewing this week also. We only have a few more things to finish up before winter gets here and I can do this throughout the winter. It will be nice, I need the break, my body is beyond worn out and I am mentally exhausted. I am ready to sit and sew and work on needlepoint. Spring will be here soon enough with the flurry of things to do that come with it. The weather is turning chilly and I just don't work well when my joints don't function well so it is time to finish up fall and sit back and wait for spring. Meanwhile, this little break this week is nice and gives me the motivation to finish it up and be done. So off to get the day started. Hope you all are doing well. Blessings, Kat

3 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Kat, It was good to see that you posted. Wondered how your Mom was doing? I know what you mean by being worn out. We just finished a do it yourself make-over:)
May you get some rest and enjoy Thanksgiving!
I was wondering if you ever tried fish oil for achy joints? It works for me!
Blessings, Roxy

Kat said...

Mom is doing a little better. Thanks for asking. We went and got her yesterday and brought her over for supper last night. My sis is coming home for Thanksgiving so I am sure that we will enjoy her visit. Yep, I do take krill oil. It helps, but still they hurt along with my muscles and everything else. Blessings, Kat

Chimney Cleaning Rancho Cucamonga said...

Appreciate this blog poost