Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thyroid Health Day 5

I have had a great couple of days with loads of energy. I really believe I have found the keys to my health issues and am beginning to see what good health feels like. Day before yesterday a friend and I took our children on a little road trip and I was completely worn out by it. Then yesterday I worked in the garden, cleaned the rabbit grow out cages, cleaned the stalls and re-bedded them, cooked, cleaned up the house and did some laundry along with a few other odds and ends here and there. I was tired last night but that is to be expected at the end of a busy day. However, I wasn't in tears kinda tired all through out the day. I really can't believe that good health was in such easy reach for me and yet I couldn't find a doctor willing to help me simply because my blood tests fell in the "normal" range. I think that has a lot to do with they simply don't understand how involved the endocrine system is and that if one thing is out of whack then other things are likely to be out of whack. Then too I don't think they truly understand the relationship of T-4, T-3 and Reverse T-3. A GP is just that and they only have a general understanding of things. I could never get a referral to an endocrinologist who might have understood a little more. Anyway, I am still kind of scared to get my hopes up that this will last but between my diet and my thyroid/adrenal protocol I am feeling great these days. I can't believe how much I am able to do. I still have the pain of fibro, I have had that all my life and I can live with that. The fatigue is what I couldn't live with and I think I have that under control. At least I am praying that I am. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: