Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm Struggling with Juggling-Time and Organization

Normally I tend to be a very organized person. I like lists and routines. I am usually very good at both of those and following through with them. These days tho it seems as if the lists and routines are not helping and I feel as if I am running in circles. School activities have started for the girls and I think that and a wedding have absolutely worn me out and gotten me so farm behind that I just feel like I will never get caught up. Let me give you a rundown of what the past 2 weeks has been for me. My oldest had a study skills class to take and we were gone for 3 days, yes it was only a 3 day course. I also had to make sure all her paperwork was in for 2 classes she will be taking outside the home and boy let me tell you those people believe in paperwork. They also believe in asking tons of questions! So we had those three days of classes, then the afternoon of the last day we had ballet, piano, and guitar. We left the house at 8:15 and didn't get back home until almost 6:00. Three very very tired girls. On Thursdays I go over to my mom's house to help over there with whatever I can help with (laundry, yardwork, feeding the birds, etc. etc.) and to visit. I also take her eggs and milk for the week and whatever I have from the garden that she might like. Her health is not good these days and just seems to be getting worse. She used to love her garden and I planted it for her this year and kept it weeded once a week. I picked several things from it at the beginning of the season, but she just wasn't able to even get outside to water it and it eventually croaked. It is so hard watching your parents age to begin with, but watching a degenerative disease that has no cure turn your parent from an active full of life person into someone who can barely stand at the stove long enough to cook herself some pancakes is really tough. Anyway, back to the craziness that is well....driving me crazy. This week we were gone on Monday for a teacher intro for these 2 classes that Petunia is taking, Tuesday we were home, Wednesday we had ballet, piano and guitar, Thursday at mom's, Friday a party for a wedding couple, Saturday a meeting for parents in the program that Petunia is in (those folks believe in meetings), and then Saturday afternoon a wedding. This morning we would have been at church which sometimes is not as relaxing as it should be, but instead I was chasing pigs through the woods away from one of my neighbor's lakes. They had discovered the lake and were having a blast. Don't really know how long they had been out, but they are three tired pigs today and looked like they had had a good time. I did find something interesting while looking for the pigs...a small fawn tucked into a clump of grass. I am glad the dogs were not with me, but I really don't think they would have done anything. So now, my house is a wreck and I am so exhausted that I simply can't think straight. I really have to get a handle on this year's organization otherwise I will drive myself nuts. Mondays and Wednesdays we will be gone at least half the day and then Thursdays we will be gone most of the days. Sundays is church as long as the critters don't get sick, die or escape. I love how they wait until Sunday morning to do those things. I am sure God understands. At least I hope He does. So that leaves Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays that we don't have to go anywhere (at least for now). I am not sure how I am supposed to homeschool, keep house, cook, clean and run a farm with that time frame. Somehow I will work it out, but for right now I am struggling for the first time in a long time and just the struggle is exhausting. Blessings from the farm, Kat

2 comments:

Kelly Cook said...

I feel for ya! I'm trying to be more intentional about my son's homeschooling now and don't seem to have the energy to school and keep house and take care of the animals. It comes in spurts, so I work with what I've got!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Kat,
I think our lives must be mirrored in some way, you took the words right out of my mouth lady! I've been so behind all this year and I hate it! My garden is a mess, the house is a nightmare and the yard and flowerbeds are it seems always overgrown and full of weeds. It's take it's toll on me, mainly mentally and I now find that no matter how hard I work to catch up I just seem to get further behind, LOL!!! I thought empty nest ment more time to do the things I want to do, well.... not so far! I know the aging process has slowed me down some and the weather this Spring really played a HUGE factor into being behind time wise but still there just aren't enough hours in a day, or maybe it's not enough days in a week and so forth, *wink*

Praying you catch up and I ask you pray the same for me.
Blessings,
Kelle