Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mushrooms on Toast

I have been pigging out lately on one of my favorite meals....mushrooms on toast. It is traditionally a British food, but thanks to Gordon Ramsey this southern gal is hooked. So here is how I make it.

I take 3 large fresh mushrooms and slice them. I then saute them in a little bit of butter with minced garlic. You can use as little garlic or as much as you like. Just a hint of salt. Saute them until done and then place them on two pieces of toast. Then poach two eggs (I do mine soft poached and still runny). Place the eggs on top of the mushrooms and enjoy. This is oh so yummy and since we eat a large mid day dinner it makes a nice light supper. It is rich though because of the butter. Enjoy! Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: