Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Butternut Squash Souffle

Kelly requested the recipe for my butternut squash souffle. It really is super easy and I hope she and any other butternut lovers out there enjoy!

Butternut Squash souffle
2 cups cooked and mashed butternut squash
3 tbls. soft butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer until well combined. Put it in the casserole dish and bake for 75 minutes or until set. For an added treat in the last 20 minutes or so add marshmallows to the top (this is the trick to getting my kids to eat some).

My hubby loves this recipe. I also have butternut squash soup recipe that is really good and truly is the only way that I can eat butternut squash. I will post that also. Blessings, Kat

1 comment:

Kelly Cook said...

Thanks! Haven't been good about checking my reader for new posts, thanks for taking the time to post this!