Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ugghhh! I am not ready yet!

I just realized last night that it was the 13th. That means starting today I only have 11 days to finish making the Christmas presents, ship the few that need shipping, get the house ready, and plan the brunch menu. And so that is why at 5 am, I sit here eating my breakfast. I have already vacuumed the den (only place that wont wake everyone up), unloaded the dishwasher from last night, done all the laundry and folded it and had my coffee. It doesn't help that my oldest has had the worst asthma attack in years. I think that it is due to the sudden change in temperature. We went from 70 and balmy to 20 and windy. Sudden change in temperature and suddenly she can't breathe. So we have been working on getting that under control which means less time to do the things that need to be done for presents and around the house. I also lost a rabbit so I needed to bury her which takes so much time when the ground is cold. I figure I will get the dressing frames sewn this morning that will be part of my little ones Christmas. Maybe I can get a couple of them done before I have to brave the wind and cold. Yesterday I even had to keep going outside every few hours to break the ice on the water toughs and just did get the hoses thawed out enough to refill them yesterday afternoon. We have the propane heaters going because I don't want to aggravate Petunia's asthma any further by having the fireplaces going, so I will have to get more propane in next week. And to top off the extra expenses my car decided to break down. It looks like it might be the water pump, which stinks. Hubby is going to take a look on Thursday when he is off so I am currently without a car. Talk about saving money and staying home. I really don't have much shopping to do since most of our Christmas is handmade, but I do have a few odds and ends and then a few odds and ends in the grocery department. I do have hubby's car when he is home, but he is working so many hours these days (lots of folks calling in) that he is asleep when he is home and I don't want to leave the kids here especially with Petunia not feeling well. I have checked on her several times through the night and she has been sleeping soundly with good normal breathing sounds so that is definitely a good sign. I had decided last night that if she wasn't improved this morning that we were going to have to go to the doctor and hope we could get in and out before hubby needed the car for work. However, it looks like she is improving as she has slept soundly through the night. I will go in and wake her up in a couple hours and see how she is doing. She hasn't had an episode like this in years. I attribute it to the sudden change in weather topped off with the fact that I have been tearing the house apart cleaning up and cleaning out. One of her biggest triggers is dust and I have been stirring it up. Getting rid of dust in this old house is next to impossible. I can only seem to keep it down to manageable level and since I have been cleaning out stuff from closets etc and getting out coats that have been hanging all summer I have stirred up a good bit. Well, let me get moving and see what I can accomplish before I have to face that bitter north wind that is blowing like crazy outside. And one more thing....whoever left the door open up north would you mind closing it!? I would appreciate it, thanks. Blessings from the farm, Kat

2 comments:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Although I should be in a frantic frenzy, I'm not! We have several handmade gifts in the works and almost all of our Christmas goodie baking to do yet and I'm at peace, it's a nice feeling :o)

I hear you about the car, Mike car pools, so we have to plan long distance trips for the days he doesn't drive. We have an old 1987 Ford Bronco II that we use for getting about close to home, it's not to trust worthy*wink* It's far better than a car payment and full coverage insurance and high license plate fees every year though.

We're decorating the tree and house today, I have bread to make and two loads of laundry to finish up from yesterday, since Cortney worked the whole morning we only had half the day to get reg. chores done in and of course we didn't get them all done either.

Blessings for your day!
Kelle

Kat said...

We are decorating the tree Thursday. I did get another present done yesterday morning and another done just now. I still have several more to make especially for Petunia. I will get it done, but will feel a little better once I have more checked off the list. We have done most of the Christmas goody baking and already delivered several of the gifts, so that is a good deal off my shoulders. Now I just have to get those things shipped that need shipping. Blessings, Kat