Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, August 8, 2010

School Time Again

Well, technically it has been school for us all year. However, my daughter has had a light load for the summer with simply reading, book reports and Grammar. It is that time of year to gear up for a full load again and a full load it will be. I don't think she quite realizes that the easy stuff is over and it is time to really buckle down. Boy is she in for a surprise! Unfortunately she is at that age that we all grow through at some point or another in which she sees school as a pointless nuisance. We all go through that stage to some degree. I was different in that I saw school as a pointless nuisance because it was a hindrance to what I wanted to learn. I got tired of teachers telling me that I wasn't ready to learn more, especially in science. While I wanted to learn more, my daughter wants to learn NOTHING! Talk about frustrating! Even now at my ripe old middle age (and that is as close as you will get to finding out how old I am!), I am always seeking new knowledge. It is as if I am as thirsty for knowledge now as I was as a child. So, having a child that does not have that thirst can be a bit difficult. I simply pray that she is retaining some of the information taught to her and that the Lord will see fit to give her the desire one day to learn more. This is probably the biggest test of patience I have ever undergone, waiting for her to get some desire to learn something! Please Lord, help her soon because I am not sure how much longer I can hold out! She is a great kid and I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to bless us with her. A kinder soul you could not find. And truly dear Lord in Heaven I am so very thankful for the blessing of this beautiful child. I just need a little help. Thanks from your faithful servant.....the frustrated mom here at the farm.

No comments: