Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Worn out Throw Pillows? Save them!

I have several throw pillows on my couches and chairs, that the cover is pure worn out. However, I didn't want the throw them away because the stuff and fluff is fine and they sure are comfy to lay on for that Sunday afternoon nap! So.....what am I to do? Well, as I have been cleaning out clothes and such I had several t-shirts that I really didn't want to get rid of, but we never wore them either. I took the t-shirts, cut the neck straight across and then with the shirt inside out I stitched up the neck line. I cut of the sleeves and stitched that closed also. Then I slipped the pillow inside the t-shirt, cut as much off the bottom as I needed to and hand stitched the bottom of the shirt closed. I suppose I could have made a fancy button closure, but that would have taken too much time. Hand stitching is something I can do at night while the tv is blaring. So with the t-shirts, I now have new throw pillows. They are good and broke in for my Sunday nap and they didn't cost me a dime. Can't get any better than that. Blessings from the farm, Kat

No comments: