Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Motherhood

There is an excellent post that I so needed to read over at the Biblical Womanhood blog. The past couple of weeks have been so extremely busy for me and I really have felt like I am just spinning in circles. I just cannot keep up with everything that needs doing and my oldest daughter and I have been working feverishly. It seems as if the past couple of weeks that is about all we do is work and still there is so much to do. I guess I should explain a little bit about how this situation came about. My husband agreed to do some work on my aunt's rental house. The carpets needed to be removed, new flooring put down, new paint, some repairs and such. I was going to clean it for her since it was left by the previous tenant in a deplorable condition. Well, two days before he was to start the work he tore the ligaments in his ankle and is now in a cast, ordered by the doctor to do nothing for at least 3 weeks. So, I got the job of doing the work for my aunt. I also got all of the work around the farm in addition to my normal duties. I am doing and doing and doing and still not enough to keep up. Spending 4 hours a day working at the rental, trying to keep up with the housework, yardwork, and farmwork has become overwhelming. My oldest is helping as much as she can and without her no laundry would get done folded or put away. She is a good kid and I don't know what I would do without her right now. I don't feel as if I have ever been this overwhelmed. Thank goodness I should have the rental finished in about a week or so. Hopefully, I can hang on until then. I know I desperately miss my children because even though we are together physically it is not the together in which my attention is completely focused on them. They have been troopers through this and with the grace of God I will get through these next few weeks until my husband is healed. I will be delighted when I can get back to the role of "mommy". I highly recommend the articles, they are excellent and here are the links.
Distracted Christian Mothers
Exhausted Moms

No comments: