Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Really excited

Folks, I am so excited today. Let me explain my excitement. My mom and I used to have weekly Bible study sessions together. This was a great chance for us to spend some time together and talk about God's word, one of our favorite discussions. It is also nice because while my church has several Bible studies offered through the week during the day, it is difficult for me to go. Church is a 30 minute drive from home, so it is a half a day excursion toting children and schoolbooks to make it to the Bible studies at church. I know excuses excuses. So anyway Mom and I started having our own Bible study way out here in the country. Then Mom had a heart attack a few months ago. Recovering from that has left her with little energy and so her Bible study has been carried on at home while resting and in small amounts. Even reading was an effort for awhile for her. So our Bible studies were not consistent and relegated to very short question and answer sessions. Well, today we start back. What a blessing it is to not only be able to spend time with Mama but to spend time with her talking about God. I am baking an apple pie for the occasion and the coffee will be fresh and hot. Make God make His face to shine upon us on this very special day.

No comments: