Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lots of Bread

Yesterday was a busy bread baking day. One thing that I like to do to save me some time is take on day every 2 or 3 weeks and bake up a lot of bread. So I did that yesterday. I made 4 loaves of rice bread and 4 loaves of french bread. This is the first time I have used both of those recipes so we will see how they taste. We ate one of the french baguettes last night and it tasted salty. So I think I will be cutting down on the amount of salt that the recipe calls for. I thought it seemed to be quite a bit of salt when I was making it, but the first time round I really like to follow the recipe. Then I can tweak it from there. We are not big salt eaters to it may just be our taste buds. I have noticed that many recipes tend to taste salty to me and I have to adjust the salt. I won't have to make bread for a couple of weeks now, so that is nice. I have a bread machine that I use, but sometimes I just don't like the way the crust comes out and want something different. So yesterday was a different day. I know it kept me busy and I used every mixing bowl in the house. I did get most of them cleaned and put away, but still have a few in the sink for this morning. I pooped out on the couch after supper with little energy to do anything else. The house did smell delightful all day yesterday with the smell of fresh bread wafting through the air. I think that is one of the nice things about baking your own, the smell. It makes home seem more homey.

No comments: