Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 12, 2009

A busy day

Since this week is the week to deep clean the bathroom and today was the bathroom wipe down day. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I did the deep cleaning for the bathroom today. Well, most of it anyway. All I have left is to purge the drawers and clean them out. So today made for a very busy day. I am taking a look and trying to see what I would like to plant in my new garden. No it is not completely ready. Moving a garden is a big chore. The area was littered with down trees and trees limbs as well as covered with honeysuckle. So it took quite a bit of time to clear it. Then it was time to start working on the fence. We have permission to cut bamboo from a nearby company that has lots of bamboo growing on their property. For those of you who have never cut bamboo it isn't easy and is hard labor. However, the fence will be strong and last for quite some time. It also has a price we cannot beat- free. So we have the garden cleared and one side fenced. It has been a lot of labor and we will continue to work on it. We probably will have it done just in time to plant. We will be pulling some of the bedding from the old garden to make beds in the new garden and I am going to be ordering my seeds soon. When I decide what I will be planting then I will post a list. I will also post a link to the place that I will be ordering from. I am going to be using heirloom seeds so no GMO foods here at Whisper Wind. I will also be able to harvest seeds from my crops for next year. Last year I was in a hurry and so just bought seeds from the local feed store. This year I will be better prepared and preparation always saves money in the long run. So that is today's update. I am tired, it has been a long day. I find though that I feel so good at the end of the day when I am tired from hard work. It gives me a sense that I have accomplished something. So I think tonight I will sit down and plan some articles to write. I haven't really been that productive with my writing, so I will take this evening to regather and regroup. Ya'll have a great evening and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments: