Navigate this Blog

Today's Quote


“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My morning Me Time

I love this time of time. It is my special time to just "be". I lead a very busy life as I am sure most of you do. Somedays seem busier than others with so much to do and just not enough hours in the day. The only true quiet time that I get to sit and think and just "be" is this time of morning. I think that is why I get up so early. I get up before daylight and spend my time on the computer. The house is quiet and even the birds are not quite waking up yet. It is a good time for me to just have some down time and do things that I want to do for myself. I don't ever turn on the television during this time, as I find it annoying and too noisy. I will read the news, read my Bible and just take some time to rejuvenate my mind. I think that is one thing all of us mothers need, especially those of us who stay home and have our children all day. One thing we lack is time to spend with ourselves. I like myself. She is a pretty neat person and a good friend, although sometimes a bit too critical. I can always count on her to be there when I need her and she can be a great motivator. Myself is definitely a person that I don't want to lose contact with. I love my children and my husband, but I do need my quiet time to just think without having to think about anything in particular. Myself is a friend that will be quiet and still for as long as I want to think or reminisce. So do you ladies have time or make the time to spend with yourselves? I love my children and love having them with me all day, but it is a lot of stimulation from the time they hit the floor to the time they go to bed. At night I am really just to tired to do much thinking. In fact, if I sit down I soon find myself sleepy and exhausted. This time of year doesn't help matters when the sun is gone by 4:30 or 5 pm. By 8 pm when the children go to bed, it oftens feels like midnight. So I get up early in the morning, get my coffee, turn on the computer, read my Bible and just be me. I get to be me for a glorious 2 hours each and every morning. It keeps me grounded in a life where the days are a whirlwind of chores, children, schoolwork, and projects. So find some time for yourself ladies. We live very busy lives and this time is ours to just "be". God bless.

No comments: